Designer Carolina Herrera is over the sheer dresses that have become Jennifer Lopez's calling card. "They're supposed to be fashion icons, and they're not wearing anything," Herrera said when asked about J.Lo, Kim Kardashian, Beyonce, and, ostensibly, any other star who's walked the red carpet in a super-sheer number. "It's an obsession now. It's so modern to be naked or almost naked. They think they're going to attract young people if they do those dresses. No!"
"They're trying to get people to pay attention to them," Herrera said. "In life, there should be a little mystery."
It's no real surprise to hear where Herrera comes down on dresses that reveal more than they hide. The designer's signature ladylike, classic creations have made her a fashion icon—and her own wardrobe is anchored on ballgown skirts and perfectly pressed white shirts.
More Fashion Advice:
Jenna Lyons on the Four Classic Pieces We Should All Own
10 Style Commandments For Truly Corporate Offices
Diane von Furstenberg's Sasha Fierce Approach to Life and Style is the Best
- ^ Carolina Herrera (www.glamour.com)
- ^ sheer dresses (www.glamour.com)
- ^ Herrera said (pagesix.com)
- ^ Kim Kardashian (www.glamour.com)
- ^ Beyonce (www.glamour.com)
- ^ The Met Gala at the top of May (www.glamour.com)
- ^ Jenna Lyons on the Four Classic Pieces We Should All Own (www.glamour.com)
- ^ 10 Style Commandments For Truly Corporate Offices (www.glamour.com)
- ^ Diane von Furstenberg's Sasha Fierce Approach to Life and Style is the Best (www.glamour.com)
Source : http://feeds.glamour.com/c/35377/f/665037/s/471c4b5d/sc/14/l/0L0Sglamour0N0Cfashion0Cblogs0Cdressed0C20A150C0A60Ccarolina0Eherrera0Ekim0Ekardashian/story01.htm
If you want to unsubscribe Click Here