Sunday 21 June 2015

15 Beauty Questions With Disney Darling Sabrina Carpenter 

15 Beauty Questions With Disney Darling Sabrina Carpenter 

What do you get when you place Disney darling and rising singer Sabrina Carpenter[1] and celeb makeup artist Nick Barose (his cool-girl clients include Lupita Nyong'o, Hailee Steinfeld, Zoe Kravitz and Alicia Vikander) in a cab together en route to a day of press events in NYC? An epic beauty chat, obviously. Nick took Sabrina's look from gorgeously natural, to sultry glam, to girly chic all within a matter of hours. "Not only does Sabrina have one of the best, most unique voices, she also has the most awesome brows since Brooke Shields and Cara Delevingne," says Nick. Those are some serious shoes to fill, but we think Sabrina is the real brow deal. "She's also very open-minded and loved to collaborate on the different looks I created for her," he adds. When you're going from nonstop AM to PM events in the hot-as-can-be NYC summer, it's important to keep your look streamlined. Too much makeup is never the answer. 

Nick started the day by giving Sabrina a clean, soft look with pretty pink lips and a hint of cheek color using Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Color Stick in No. 21[2]. Hairstylist Brian Magallones, who also does hair for Sabrina's bestie and costar Rowan Blanchard, created gorgeous corresponding hair looks for each fun face vibe. To amp up Sabrina's makeup as the day progressed, Nick went for a rock 'n' roll feel with some serious glittery liner (Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liquid Liner in Glam Rock[3]) and a statement matte red lip (try Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Mysterious Red[4]). "She rocked it," says Barose. "We did this look in practically five minutes." And you can, too! There's nothing a little glitter and a red lip can't fix. And even though Sabrina might not be a lipstick girl, we think she looks so good that she soon will be, thanks to Nick! Read their beauty exchange below. 

Nick: You have amazing hair! What's your your hair texture like if all you do is wash and let it air dry?
Sabrina: That's what I do almost every day. I let it be, and it's sometimes frizzy depending on the weather.

Nick: Are you a hair up or down kind of girl and why? Have you always had such long hair? Would you ever cut it?
Sabrina: I'm definitely a hair down girl. I'm a fan of the natural, earthy look. When I'm old and grey, I'll cut it. I don't wanna be that grandma with hair to the ground, but I'd like to keep it long for as long as possible. 

Nick: Can you describe what a bad hair day is like for you? What's your go-to hairstyle if you encounter one?
Sabrina: A bad hair day for me is when it gets flat and greasy. In that case, ponytail or messy bun it is! 

Nick: Which facial feature do you like to play up most with makeup and why?
Sabrina: My eyes. I love to see what I can do different with the eyes. Shadow and liner changes can make them look completely different.

Nick: You have gorgeous full eyebrows. Was there ever a time that you were self-conscious about them? 
Sabrina: I didn't feel self conscious cause my sisters and I all had thick brows and, by the time I got to the age that I could be self conscious about them, they were in style! 

Nick: What has been your favorite makeup look to date, and why? How would you describe your personal approach to beauty?
Sabrina: My favorite makeup look was for my Eyes Wide Open video done by Torsten Witte. It was so dramatic, and definitely captured the magic of the video. I approach everyday personal beauty very naturally; I try to make it look like I'm not wearing makeup. 

Nick: How many steps is your nighttime skincare routine?
Sabrina: About 4 steps. I use Renee Rouleau skin products and I swear by them. 

Nick: What's your quick-fix for covering up a breakout before a big appearance?
Sabrina: Hire a professional to take care of it. Haha! I'm not very good at that.

Nick: If you could only bring one makeup product with you at all times, what would it be and why?
Sabrina: Probably a good concealer. Just to brighten up my look throughout the day.

Nick: Did you ever have an awkward phase? What were you self-conscious about and how did you get over it?
Sabrina: I didn't realize I was in an awkward phase when I was in an awkward phase. It was when I was between the ages of 9 and 11. I was homeschooled. Everything I wore was pink and sparkly. And I had an obsession with headbands. I felt like I rocked them, though!

Nick: When do you feel the prettiest?
Sabrina: I want say when I'm eating ice cream, but it's truly when I'm making healthy choices and taking care of myself.

Nick: How does your stage look differ from your day-to-day look?
Sabrina: I always try to make my stage look a little more glam. With natural moveable hair. And in everyday life I keep it natural, with the same kind of hair.

Nick: Do you have any makeup tricks for enhancing your blue eyes?
Sabrina: Sometimes I use a blue liner in my waterline. Or wear a nice blue outfit.

Nick: If you're going out for a big night, do you prefer an eye or a lip statement? What's your signature look?
Sabrina: An eye statement. I'm the worst with lips, I haven't had the guts to try too many different looks with lips yet, but I love emphasizing my eyes. 

Nick: What's the best beauty lesson you've ever learned?
Sabrina: Confidence is the most beautiful thing you can possess. 

Related:
Sabrina Carpenter and Her Sister (and Bestie!) Play Word Association
Join Rowan and Sabrina from 'Girl Meets World' at Disney's California Adventure
Rowan, Sabrina, and Their Friends Learn to Draw at Disney California Adventure [5][6][7]

Source : http://www.teenvogue.com/beauty/2015-06/sabrina-carpenter-nick-barose-beauty-interview
If you want to unsubscribe Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment