Tuesday 16 June 2015

Exclusive! Watch Rock Royalty Kaya Stewart's Debut Music Video for "In Love With a Boy"

Exclusive! Watch Rock Royalty Kaya Stewart's Debut Music Video for "In Love With a Boy"

With an impressive pop-rock pedigree, 15-year-old Kaya Stewart is successfully following in the footsteps of her famous father, musical legend Dave Stewart, who you may recognize as half of the groundbreaking '80s duo, the Eurythmics. With her debut single "In Love With a Boy" out now with Warner Bros. Records, there's no denying Kaya inherited Dave's creative itch.

"I was a huge Eurythmics fan growing up, and big soulful voices always resonated with me—that was something Annie [Lennox] definitely had—but I'd like to think I've really created my own sound," shares the budding artist, who is carefully crafting a musical sensibility that's all her own. The young vocalist is on the brink of something groundbreaking, and with her gravely rock and roll voice belting out over catchy electronic beats, we have her pegged as the next big thing on the radio.

"I always listen to music when I have a problem or something is bothering me. I want people to do the same thing with my music," says Kaya. Taking her own initiative to inspire, she not only sings songs that are bound to become teenage anthems—she writes them, too. So how and when did the young lyricist come up with idea for "In Love With a Boy"? Like any other teenager would: During math class.

"I was in the middle of taking a test and the idea for this song came to me because of a boy in the room I really liked. No, loved. I loved him!" she laughs, emphasizing the sarcastic love. "I flipped over my paper and started writing some of the lyrics down so I wouldn't forget them. I got so carried away with figuring out the wording that by the end of the class I had a full song and half a test." For anyone wondering, she was permitted to retake the exam. Phew.

"I'm aware I'm a teenager and I completely embrace that fact. I'm writing music from a very specific point of view and during an important time of growth in my life. I think it's necessary for kids my age to have a peer they can relate to," she says. "People in their 20s and 30s can't write about being a teenager because they aren't one anymore," she says, proving she's genuinely invested in the journey her career has in store.

With a month of successful High School Nation[1] performances under her belt, Kaya is now gearing up for a summer spent performing on Warped Tour. And if her summer schedule doesn't already sound busy enough, Kaya is also in the process of putting the finishing touches on her debut full-length effort, slated to drop this fall.

She's already secured a loyal fanbase that's anxiously awaiting the album's release, but in the meantime she's finished up her first official music video, and we've got the exclusive first look. Check it out below.

FACEBOOK EMBED HERE

Related:
Charli XCX Talks to Jack Antonoff About Taking Risks, Katy Perry, and Rising Above the Haters
Meet All-Around Cool Kids Rae Sremmurd, Rap's Reigning Princes
Exclusive! Alyxx Dione Took Us Behind the Scenes of Her "Chingalinga" Music Video[2][3][4]

Source : http://www.teenvogue.com/entertainment/music/2015-06/kaya-stewart-in-love-with-a-boy-music-video
If you want to unsubscribe Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment