Princess Anne, daughter of Queen Elizabeth and sister to Prince Charles, just proved she has some serious fashion mettle. At Royal Ascot yesterday, the princess wore a mustard yellow coat and matching hat the world has seen her in before—30 years ago!
The first time the princess wore the outfit was at the Trooping of the Colour in 1980, the same event that happened this weekend. In the older pic, below, it appears that Anne has on a different hat and brooch, but other than that, it's a nearly identical outfit (which makes you wonder how meticulously the royals store their clothes).
While Princess Anne's outfit re-wearing capabilities surely put any other royal to shame, there's no denying Kate Middleton's becoming a pro at it too. Beyond that, the Kate-effect has fans buying outfits she wears in unprecedented numbers (though, in fairness, it's likely because earlier generations wore mostly custom creations).
Now, let's all re-live the glory that was Kate and William's wedding:
Photos: Rex USA, Getty Images
- ^ Prince Charles (www.glamour.com)
- ^ Royal Ascot (www.glamour.com)
- ^ the same event that happened this weekend (www.glamour.com)
- ^ Kate Middleton (www.glamour.com)
- ^ Three-month waiting list (www.glamour.com)
- ^ Prince George Has Inspired a Sell-Out Run on Crocs (www.glamour.com)
- ^ Pictures of the Most Spectacular Royal Wedding Dresses Ever (www.glamour.com)
- ^ This Queen Is to Skin What Kate Middleton Is to Hair (www.glamour.com)
Source : http://feeds.glamour.com/c/35377/f/665037/s/47532f8c/sc/14/l/0L0Sglamour0N0Cfashion0Cblogs0Cdressed0C20A150C0A60Cprincess0Eanne0Eroyal0Eascot0Eoutfit/story01.htm
If you want to unsubscribe Click Here