The amfAR Inspiration Gala happened in New York City last night, and this year, there was an unexpected fashion twist. The night's very best looks weren't the most elaborate or ornate—instead, the winners were all simple, classic dresses in monochromatic black-and-white.
Heidi Klum is typically a red carpet razzler-and-dazzler, with a penchant for super-sexy cuts. In contrast, her under-the-knee Marc Jacobs dress for last night was something that would almost fly in an office environment.
The slip dress done as a black-tie gown worked brilliantly on Constance Jablonski. Her silk dress is from Sophie Theallet's latest resort collection, and the light tulle details at the top were the only accent allowed. To maintain the minimalist mood of the look, she skipped statement jewels in favor of a dainty necklace.
If this is any indication of what we can expect from new Victoria's Secret Angel Taylor Hill on the red carpet, things are going to be just splendid. She skipped the supermodel standard choice of tiny, curve-hugging mini in favor of a crisp white Ralph Lauren dress. With the waist belt and high neck, it had plenty of retro glam.
Compared to the rest of our favorites, Joan Smalls seems absolutely wild in striped Givenchy. A floor-length cut would have made the overall effect more formal, but the wispy fabric and short cut look primed for the dance floor.
More Celebrity Style News:
Lindsay Lohan's New Fashion Range Isn't Actually That Terrible
Taylor Swift Dresses So Un-Taylor, Wears a Leather Harness
There's a 3-Month Waiting List for Kate Middleton's Striped Shirt
Now come see Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello being all gorgeous at another fabulous gala:
Photos: Rex USA, Getty Images
- ^ amfAR Inspiration Gala (www.glamour.com)
- ^ Heidi Klum (www.glamour.com)
- ^ Marc Jacobs (www.glamour.com)
- ^ Constance Jablonski (www.glamour.com)
- ^ new Victoria's Secret Angel Taylor Hill (www.glamour.com)
- ^ Ralph Lauren (www.glamour.com)
- ^ Joan Smalls (www.glamour.com)
- ^ Givenchy (www.glamour.com)
- ^ Lindsay Lohan's New Fashion Range Isn't Actually That Terrible (www.glamour.com)
- ^ Taylor Swift Dresses So Un-Taylor, Wears a Leather Harness (www.glamour.com)
- ^ There's a 3-Month Waiting List for Kate Middleton's Striped Shirt (www.glamour.com)
Source : http://feeds.glamour.com/c/35377/f/665037/s/4752721a/sc/14/l/0L0Sglamour0N0Cfashion0Cblogs0Cdressed0C20A150C0A60Cbest0Edressed0Eamfar0Egala0Ejune0E20A15/story01.htm
If you want to unsubscribe Click Here