Wednesday 17 June 2015

Vacation Inspiration: 3 Travel Adventures to Get You Active and Fit This Summer

Vacation Inspiration: 3 Travel Adventures to Get You Active and Fit This Summer

I just got back from a four-day Mexican beach vacation and feel renewed and refreshed, just as I'd hoped. This time, instead of the usual overeat-booze-tan routine that makes me need a vacation from my vacation, I took care of myself while I was away. I woke up at a normal hour, walked on the beach, swam in the pool, and opted for iced tea and spritzers over cocktails.

Even when it came time to hit the town with friends, I set a limit. And now that I'm back home, I don't regret it one bit. The trip was exactly what I needed. I only wish there had been more activities lined up to help me stay active the few days I was there.


Good thing the summer is just getting started and there is plenty of time to travel and get fit at the same time. That's why I'm hoping to book one of these active adventures soon:

Reconnect with yourself—and nature: Those who want a transformative experience can visit The Sanctuary at Two Rivers[1] to practice yoga and meditation, sleep in a solar-powered modern luxury treehouse, and detox with a seasonal vegetarian and vegan meal plan. Actress Perrey Reeves of Entourage built the 40-acre resort in the middle of the jungle between two rivers, hence the name, to create a place to connect with nature in Costa Rica. You even drink filtered water from a water fall!

Venture to far-off lands—and take your gym along for the ride: Thinking of hitting the open sea and traveling to a remote destination like the Arctic or Galapagos Islands? Silversea Cruises Wellness Expeditions[2] offer state of the art fitness facilities on board their ships, along with custom fitness packages that include training sessions and nutrition consultations. That way you can whale watch and hit a Zumba class afterwards.

Join the circus, sort of: If you're looking to add acrobatics to your resume, you could combine poolside tanning sessions with flying trapeze lessons at the new Creactive at Club Med in Punta Cana[3] program that debuted this month in the Dominican Republic. Guests of the resort can participate in over 30 recreational activities taught by Cirque du Soleil instructors that range from juggling and dancing to actual tightrope lessons and aerial skills. Watch the preview video below!

Do you plan to take any "fit trips" this summer?

Photos: Getty

References

  1. ^ The Sanctuary at Two Rivers (www.thesanctuarycostarica.com)
  2. ^ Silversea Cruises Wellness Expeditions (www.silversea.com)
  3. ^ Creactive at Club Med in Punta Cana (www.clubmed.us)

Source : http://feeds.glamour.com/c/35377/f/665037/s/47537f25/sc/14/l/0L0Sglamour0N0Chealth0Efitness0Cblogs0Cvitamin0Eg0C20A150C0A60Cactive0Etravel0Eadventures/story01.htm
If you want to unsubscribe Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment