With nearly 340 stores spread across 42 states, you'd think Charming Charlie, the brand known for its incredibly inexpensive jewelry and accessories selection would be a household name. Founded by 37-year-old Charlie Chanaratsopon (yes, Charlie is a real person!) in 2004, Chanaratsopon opened the first store in Houston, Texas with leftover consignment returns from his family business, Silver Express.
The brand's name was actually created in jest: "It was kind of a wink-and-a-smile type of thing," says Chanaratsopon. "One of my friends was like, 'What about Charming Charlie?' and I started laughing because it kind of has a rhythm to it. Obviously it has less to do with accessories, but it's unforgettable." The retail chain opened its first New York store last week, so we're betting it doesn't stay a secret for long. Here's why Charming Charlie is about to become your go-to for all of your accessory needs.
The website, along with every store, is arranged by color: This organization method makes shopping the vast assortment of products so much easier. Explains Chanaratsopon: "I was sitting in one of our first stores one day, talking to a customer and she said, 'Why wouldn't you arrange it by color?' ... We started testing some tables in the front and we saw how much action it got, so we set up the whole store like that. Then, we set up the whole chain like that."
You'll find way more than just jewelry: We're talking iPhone cases, fedoras, sandals, and loads of chic bags for under $40. Not to mention the ready-to-wear portion of the brand, where you can pick up leggings, tops, sweaters, and dresses.
The jewelry selection isn't just focused on trends:The Charming Charlie Essentials section offers up a slew of classic accessories, like small hoop earrings, cubic zirconia studs, bangle sets, and pearl necklaces for under $10.
There are dedicated sections for under-$10 and under-$5 finds: The semi-annual sale is going on right now, with more than 500 solid picks like this multicolor scarf, these striped espadrilles, this preppy watch, and this sculptural bracelet. Finding something that won't kill your budget is the easy part. Not snatching up everything? Maybe a little harder.
If do want to buy everything, you'll get rewarded for it: Join the Charm Club and you'll earn 10 points for every dollar you spend. Every 1,000 points earns you a $5 rewards certificate that you can put towards your next purchase in a Charming Charlie store.
Shoes on shoes on shoes: We counted more than 55 pairs of espadrilles, flip flops, and flats (favorites include the Suri Summer wedges and the Sandy Lake striped sandals, shown here) for way under $50.
You can find a Charming Charlie pretty much anywhere: You can shop the brand's robust selection online, but if you want to sample the wares in person, you'll find stores in almost every state across America, including Maine, Idaho, Iowa, and Kansas. There are even Charming Charlies in British Columbia and Ontario, Canada. Use the website store locator to find one near you.
- ^ website (www.charmingcharlie.com)
- ^ charmingcharlie.com (www.charmingcharlie.com)
- ^ the ready-to-wear portion of the brand (www.charmingcharlie.com)
- ^ small hoop earrings (www.charmingcharlie.com)
- ^ cubic zirconia studs (www.charmingcharlie.com)
- ^ bangle sets (www.charmingcharlie.com)
- ^ pearl necklaces (www.charmingcharlie.com)
- ^ multicolor scarf (www.charmingcharlie.com)
- ^ these striped espadrilles (www.charmingcharlie.com)
- ^ this preppy watch (www.charmingcharlie.com)
- ^ this sculptural bracelet (www.charmingcharlie.com)
- ^ Suri Summer wedges (www.charmingcharlie.com)
- ^ Sandy Lake striped sandals (www.charmingcharlie.com)
- ^ Use the website store locator to find one near you (stores.charmingcharlie.com)
- ^ The $5 Hack That Will Make Your Sandals Look Way Expensive (www.glamour.com)
- ^ Fresh Ways to Tie a Silk Scarf (www.glamour.com)
- ^ The Ultimate Guide to the Season's Hottest Bags (www.glamour.com)
Source : http://feeds.glamour.com/c/35377/f/665037/s/4713333a/sc/32/l/0L0Sglamour0N0Cfashion0Cblogs0Cdressed0C20A150C0A60Ccharming0Echarlie0Einexpensive0Ej/story01.htm
If you want to unsubscribe Click Here