Undercuts are one of those brave hairstyles that just oozes confidence and cool. Despite its high-maintenance upkeep and awkward growing-out process, over the past couple of years the semi-shaved style has had a major resurgence. We'd be lying if we said we weren't intrigued when Rihanna pioneered its comeback back in 2012, and hair chameleons like Demi Lovato and Kylie Jenner both tried it on for size at different points last year.
Though the look, created by her go-to hairstylist Kristen Ess, is certainly a commitment, it's actually more versatile than you may think. For starters, this sneaky little trick helps long, thick hair feel less heavy (especially key in humid, summer heat). Plus, when an undercut is created at the nape of the neck like Debby's, your hair doesn't look much different when it's kept down or in a low pony or chignon.
While this still might not be enough of a nudge to take the undercut plunge yourself, we'll leave it to Debby to dream of endlessly flattering ways to reinvent the trend. Simply look to her Instagram for inspo and in a couple of weeks we won't be surprised if you change your mind.
- ^ Rihanna (www.teenvogue.com)
- ^ Demi Lovato (www.teenvogue.com)
- ^ Kylie Jenner (www.teenvogue.com)
- ^ silver hair (www.teenvogue.com)
- ^ Kristen Ess (www.teenvogue.com)
- ^ Instagram (instagram.com)
- ^ Come See Becky G, Rita Ora, and Debby Ryan's Hair Makeovers (www.teenvogue.com)
- ^ Debby Ryan's Back to Blonde! (www.teenvogue.com)
- ^ Award Show Hair Recap: From Zendaya's Bowl Cut to Debby Ryan's Surprising New Hair Color (www.teenvogue.com)
Source : http://www.teenvogue.com/beauty/celebrity-beauty/2015-06/debby-ryan-undercut
If you want to unsubscribe Click Here