Wednesday 10 June 2015

Zendaya Looks Back on Her Heritage In Moving New Video

Zendaya Looks Back on Her Heritage In Moving New Video

Photo: Getty

Did you know that June is Immigrant Heritage Month? Everyone in America has a story, and this month is a great time to look back on where we came from. It's also a time to celebrate our diversity as a country and see how all of the individual stories make up a beautiful national narrative.

Many are honoring their diverse family history this month, and Zendaya is one of them. In a new video, the former Teen Vogue cover girl sits with her parents and chats about her family's unique background.

"I have roots in Africa," she says in the video. "I am from Africa as well as I am from Germany, and I'm very proud of that."

Zendaya explains that she gets a mixture of all the worlds. "I have my African first name, I have a middle name that is [my mom's] middle name, which is French, but we did it African spelling, so it's literally me in a name. And then you have Stoermer, and then you have Coleman. I literally have, like, a timeline in history in my name."

Watch the full video below to see what else Zendaya has learned about her family:

Do you know about your own family's roots? Share the story using hashtag #IHM2015 on social. And if you aren't quite sure of where your ancestors originated, perhaps now's a great time to ask or start looking[1]. We'd love to know what you find out!

Related:
Zendaya's Fashion Transformation[2]
Why We All Need to Listen to Zendaya's Words About Beauty[3]
Exclusive! Watch Zendaya Transform Into an Undercover Ballerina[4]

Source : http://www.teenvogue.com/my-life/2015-06/zendaya-immigrant-heritage-month
If you want to unsubscribe Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment