Thursday 18 June 2015

Urban Decay's Wende Zomnir Shares the Secrets to Her Killer Body

Urban Decay's Wende Zomnir Shares the Secrets to Her Killer Body

You might know Wende Zomnir as the face and brains behind your favorite eyeshadow palette[1] or primer[2], but what most people don't know is that the Urban Decay[3] cosmetics founder's below-the-neck game is just as strong. This mom of two is a healthy living pro with such a killer body that we put the makeup talk aside for a second to find out her fitness secrets. Read on for a few of them:
wende
Glamour: Tell us a little bit about your diet.
Wende Zomnir: "I try to eat as many veggies and salads as possible. My favorite protein to supplement that is clean-sourced fish, and I also eat fruit and nuts. My go-to snacks are those squeezable packets of almond butter. My vice is a couple of long espressos every day (OK…I drink three a day!). I avoid bread, pasta, sugar, alcohol… and things (things, not food, being the operative word!) that come in bags and boxes."

Glamour: Does that mean you don't eat dessert?!
"For a treat, I try to have a little dark chocolate or a cup of this amazing raw, fermented yogurt that my friend Yasmin makes for her shop, Fermentation Farm. Speaking of fermentation, I also love Kombucha! It contains lots of probiotics, and it has the cold, satisfying fizz of a beer. I definitely cheat; I love sweet things, but I try to make my cheats a special treat instead of an everyday fallback position. If I'm out for a fun friends or work dinner, I'm gonna drink some wine and eat dessert!"
wende2
Glamour: Describe your workout routine.
"I enjoy my workouts, so it's not a chore to fit them in…it's something I look forward to. I snowboard, surf, stand-up paddle board (I'm currently learning to catch waves on my SUP), and play beach volleyball and tennis. I also enjoy Crossfit, yoga, and running. One of my goals is to start mountain biking again, but it's hard to fit it all in! I make an annual pilgrimage to Alaska to go helicopter snowboarding, and every summer my husband and I take our boys on a surf trip to Fiji (I squeeze in some scuba diving there too)."

Glamour: Your activity level puts us to shame! Any healthy habits that might be easier for us to try?
"I think my healthiest habit is that I view my health as a gift…one of my yoga teachers says, 'With our health, everything is possible.' I make my diet and fitness a priority because by being healthy I am happier; I'm a better mother and wife, and I'm more creative at work. I choose workouts I love (yes, even the Crossfit is fun because it's a great community) so I have fun doing them. Many of my workouts like volleyball and Crossfit are social, so I get a two-for-one: time for my health and time to hang out with my friends. I find that working hard alongside other people makes you closer to them."
wende1

Glamour: Who's your fitness inspiration?

"My friend, Gabby Reece[4], is the full package: She's a 360-degree health and fitness guru and an inspiration to me. I am lucky to have so many amazing health and fitness mentors in my life: My sister in law, Kim Collier who runs her own nutrition coaching business, my coaches at Crossfit Balboa, my workout partner, Carey Welbourn, my yoga gurus, countless fitness pros and athletes I'm lucky to workout with, and of course my husband, who supports all of my activities. He helps me with my surfing, and rocks an amazing six-pack!"

If a mom of two and the CEO of a super-successful beauty brand can find time to be that active, it certainly makes you think twice about canceling spin class tonight, doesn't it? We're inspired by you, Wende!

Head over to Lipstick.com[5] to read more about Urban Decay. Got a favorite product? Let us know below. Plus, check out our last Healthy Beauty feature with closet yoga guru Bobbi Brown[6].

Photos: Courtesy of the subject

References

  1. ^ eyeshadow palette (www.glamour.com)
  2. ^ primer (www.glamour.com)
  3. ^ Urban Decay (www.glamour.com)
  4. ^ Gabby Reece (www.glamour.com)
  5. ^ Lipstick.com (www.glamour.com)
  6. ^ check out our last Healthy Beauty feature with closet yoga guru Bobbi Brown (www.glamour.com)

Source : http://feeds.glamour.com/c/35377/f/665037/s/475d716f/sc/14/l/0L0Sglamour0N0Chealth0Efitness0Cblogs0Cvitamin0Eg0C20A150C0A60Cwende0Ezomir0Eurban0Edecay/story01.htm
If you want to unsubscribe Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment