Tuesday 16 June 2015

Dancing With the Stars' Witney Carson Reveals Why Last Season Was Her Most Rewarding Yet

Dancing With the Stars' Witney Carson Reveals Why Last Season Was Her Most Rewarding Yet

Season 20 of Dancing with the Stars[1] may not have nabbed Witney Carson[2] a repeat Mirrorball trophy, but when reflecting on the season, the 21-year-old admits it was her "most rewarding" to date. That's not to take away anything from her time with Alfonso Riberio[3] (whom she calls "perfect"), but it certainly reflects the journey one has when competing on DWTS. Now on her second DWTS tour in less than a year, Witney sat down with us to talk about why she didn't want a break in the schedule, why former Bachelor[4] Chris Soules made this past season so memorable, and what's next in her star-studded career.

witney-carson-dwts

Glamour: What was the craziest fan encounter from the last tour?
Witney Carson: The fans live for this show. It's so crazy! It's mostly the girls that have crazy moments with Val. The guys get it more than the girls do. I've had a couple crying little girls. One girl wore a T-shirt that said, "I Want to Dance with Witney." Cute things like that, but nothing crazy. Val gets the over-the-top fans. [Laughs]

Glamour: What's something you realized from the last tour that you're going to do or not going to do this time?
Witney: I'm not going to bring as many clothes! My suitcase was huge! And lugging that thing around from city to city and to hotels...so very little this time!

Glamour: You haven't had much of a break over the last year. You went from winning DWTS with Alfonso to the winter tour to season 20 with Chris. So why did you want to say yes to the Perfect 10 tour?
Witney: I don't even know! A lot of persuasion. [Laughs] No, um, I think it's that a dancer's career is so short, and I have this time now to get out there and really take advantage of this opportunity 100%. Although I need a break—I really do—this is something that I love, and I want to keep this momentum going. Seeing the fans and meeting them is the best part.

Glamour: Is there a city you're really looking forward to seeing this time around?
Witney: Washington, D.C. I've never been. I'm also really looking forward to Seattle, probably because that's where they film Grey's Anatomy. [Laughs] But also because I want to see the city!
Glamour: You do realize they mainly film Grey's about two miles up the road from here?
Witney: Haha, yes, I know. I just love it!
Glamour: Well, the good part is that there's more Grey's memorabilia up in Seattle than here in Los Angeles.
Witney: Really? OK, good! I need something after McDreamy died. I'm obsessed with him.

Glamour: Chris Soules[5] said he really wants to come to the Iowa show on the tour and even dance. How realistic is this?
Witney: I don't know. I haven't really talked to him since he's been in Iowa, but it's looking good he'll come to Davenport at least, so hopefully he will. I asked him after this season if he was going to continue dancing and he said, "Oh yeah! 100%! There's no way I can't not dance. I love it so much. But no one wants to see me dance." I was like, "Yes, they do!"

chris-soules-witney-carson

Glamour: Looking back, how would you sum up your season with Chris?
Witney: It was a really challenging season, especially coming [off of] Alfonso's [season], who's just so naturally...he just has it. So with Chris it was definitely challenging, but I was talking to someone about this yesterday and it has only been my most rewarding season because I really could see the progression in Chris every single week. As a teacher, that's something that we look at in a student. The fact that we made it to the quarterfinals, and he had no dance experience...I feel like Chris is what the show is about. He is the show.
Glamour: We should give him an honorary Mirrorball then.
Witney: Haha! He is the show! No, but you know what I mean. People like him. We should at least have him do the Q&A in Iowa because he's just so cute and loves dancing. I want him to for sure.

Glamour: Fans loved seeing you and Alfonso on the tour last time. Any chance we'll see him pop up again?
Witney: He's actually going to come do the show in Vegas [July 4 weekend]. He's doing a couple numbers with us there and in Fresno.
Glamour: And you'll do "The Carlton," right?
Witney: I don't know, we'll see. But, I mean, we've got to. [Laughs] We will for fun. I'm so glad he got America's Funniest Home Videos. He deserves it so much. He's perfect! I love him. He'll still text and check up on me, and if I don't respond right away, he'll say, "You know, that's really rude. You need to text me back right away!" [Laughs] I'm like, "I'm busy!" We're all a big family.

witney-alfonso-dwts-10-anniversary

Glamour: Lastly, you'll be back for next season, right?
Witney: I hope so. Nothing's been confirmed, but yeah, I hope so. We'll see. I'm excited.

The DWTS Perfect 10 Tour is currently underway and continues until mid-August. Click here[6] for tour dates.

Photos: ABC/Matt Petit; Jessica Radloff

References

  1. ^ Dancing with the Stars (www.glamour.com)
  2. ^ Witney Carson (www.glamour.com)
  3. ^ Alfonso Riberio (www.glamour.com)
  4. ^ Bachelor (www.glamour.com)
  5. ^ Chris Soules (www.glamour.com)
  6. ^ Click here (www.dwtstour.com)

Source : http://feeds.glamour.com/c/35377/f/665037/s/474af08a/sc/14/l/0L0Sglamour0N0Centertainment0Cblogs0Cobsessed0C20A150C0A60Cdancing0Ewith0Ethe0Estars0Ewitney0Ecarson/story01.htm
If you want to unsubscribe Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment