Wednesday 10 June 2015

Exclusive! Jack Antonoff Is Starting His Own Music Festival, and He Told Us All About It

Exclusive! Jack Antonoff Is Starting His Own Music Festival, and He Told Us All About It

Jack Antonoff is going to have the best summer ever. And after you hear his plans, it will make your summer better, too. The multi-talented frontman for Bleachers is about to kick off his summer tour, which he's co-headlining with powerhouse Charli XCX[1], and on June 16 he's giving fans an exclusive inside look at his life in an original docu-style series Thank You and Sorry. As if that's not enough, on September 19 he'll officially introduce his very first Shadow of the City music festival in his home state of New Jersey.

"It's always been a dream of mine. I love music festivals and I love what they represent," Jack shares. A fantasy of his since he was young, he's worked tirelessly for the past year to bring his dream of what he describes as a "smaller, accessible" festival to the community he owes so much to. "New Jersey is such a huge part of who I am and a huge part of why I do the things I do. I'm so proud it's finally happening."

He's planning for the first annual festival to kick off at the iconic Stone Pony Summer Stage in Asbury Park where he spent many summers growing up. After all, keeping the festival intimate and close to home is what it's all about for Jack. "The whole thing had to be very honest and from the heart. I never wanted it to feel like I was just going to be the face of some festival," he says.

The first of hopefully many future festivals will feature only a select group of eight musical acts that Jack picked himself, including Bleachers and Charli XCX as headliners. "I love Charli," he says. "She's wild, she's fun, she's inspiring. She lives in a similar space than I do where she's not afraid of the mainstream, but she's going to go in and do it her way."

While the pair's chemistry is undeniable, you won't want to miss the other six artists performing. "It was a list I made on my iPhone of the dream bands I want, from bands I'm friends with to bands I'm obsessed with," he says.

If you can't wait until September to jam with Jack, Charlie XCX, and the rest of the lineup, fear not. Next week, the Grammy Award-winner's original six-part reality and scripted series debuts, giving us a peak into life on tour and at home. "It's extremely revealing and it's extremely intense. It volleys back and forth between being really bizarre and occasionally hilarious to being really serious and really dark and real," he shares.

The documentary part of the series captures private moments like Jack on the phone with his girlfriend Lena Dunham[2], but the scripted part comes later when they intentionally set up scenes with celeb cameos, including The Duff's leading lady Mae Whitman[3].

"Everything is scripted based on things that are coming out of my head, things I'm feeling and freaking out about, and things I'm concerned with on a daily basis," he says. That sheer honesty is exactly we love Jack so much, and we know any ideas that come out of his creative mind are bound to be special. We're just glad he's sharing them with us.

Related:
Charli XCX and Bleachers Just Announced the Coolest Concert Event of the Summer
Jack Antonoff Announces an Awesome-Sounding New Solo Project
Jack Antonoff Sounds Off on Why He Supports Gay Rights[4][5][6]

Source : http://www.teenvogue.com/entertainment/music/2015-06/jack-antonoff-music-festival-exclusive-interview
If you want to unsubscribe Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment