Monday 15 June 2015

Ashley Madekwe Has the Best Tip for Pulling Off the Athleisure Trend

Ashley Madekwe Has the Best Tip for Pulling Off the Athleisure Trend

Ashley Madekwe is a woman of many interests. You may recognize the actress from her turn on the hit show Revenge or from her current role as the powerful witch Tituba in WGN America's series Salem. Or perhaps you're just an avid fan of her blog, Ring My Bell[1], and accompanying Instagram account @smashleybell[2]. With her unique resume, it only makes sense that the It Brit was tapped to be the face of one of the most unexpected pairings we've heard of in awhile, a collaboration between Reebok[3] and FACE Stockholm[4] cosmetics.

Sneakers and makeup may seem like an unusual mashup, but it was actually a combo that was quite familiar to the actress and blogger.

"I'm a baby of the 80s and I grew up wearing Reebok classics. Then when I got older, I worked in a sneaker shop," she says. "I would always get dressed for work in a cute way. I would wear my sneakers with a cute dress and a red lip, so the collaboration of kicks and lips made perfect sense to me."

It's also clear the athleisure fashion trend isn't going anywhere. And sometimes it seems the only way to incorporate athletic wear into your everyday wardrobe without looking like you're actually headed to the gym is by rocking a daring beauty look. Ashley's recommendation? A swipe of a bold lip color (FACE Stockholm Cream Lipstick in Express[5] is her personal favorite) to take your outfit from Pilates class-ready to night out-worthy.

"I love a white sneaker paired with a red lip, it's so classic. I think that red lipstick can be a little scary to a lot of girls because it's such a statement. But soon, it just sort of becomes your thing," she says. "I always prefer a bold lip without a lot of other makeup—just nude skin and mascara and then the pop of color. It really freshens you up."

Another exciting part of this collaboration? Getting to see all of the different ways Ashley styles the sneakers on her blog. Ever since she started fashion blogging, she's been pleasantly surprised by the outpouring of girl-power support she's received from fans and other bloggers.

"My blog kind of fits perfectly with the collaboration, I've always loved fashion and it just started as this online diary," she says. "Sometimes girls can be so adversarial to each other, but I think that when we're kind to each other, we can really conquer the world. I've really experienced that with blogging—the girls have been so nice to me. Whenever I've met other bloggers, they've been amazing."

With fun kicks on her feet, fresh lipstick on her face, and a healthy dose of feminist philosophy in mind, it's clear Ashley has all the essentials for continuing to conquer the beauty, fashion, and acting worlds. We're just excited to see what she comes up with next.

Related:
AnnaSophia Robb vs. Ashley Madekwe: The Actresses Battle It out with Beautiful Braids
Rita Ora Dishes on Her Latest Collection for Adidas and Her Summer Faves
8 TV Series from the UK You Need to Start Watching[6][7][8]

Source : http://www.teenvogue.com/fashion/2015-06/ashley-madekwe-reebok-face-stockholm-interview
If you want to unsubscribe Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment